Sunday, January 15, 2012

http://www.radiodiaries.org/amanda-from-new-york-girlfriend/

What I liked about this story was that this girl, Amanda could be very strong about what she has to say and who she was without what her family and others have to say. Listening to her story about who she is and how her parents don't accept her for being gay is kind of hurtful. While listening to the part where she talking with her parents about her being a lesbian and having an argument with her mother about that it is not being as phase like her wearing dress as a child; you can hear the different change to her voice how she was almost about to cry. The thing I did not like about her mother was how she was telling her that God never made people to be like this and how when she was growing up that anyone that was lesbian was consider being a sick person. I think for the mom saying that to her face, I don't think the mom would ever accept her for who she is.

http://www.radiodiaries.org/going-home-cristels-diary/

The thing about this story that stuck out to me was how Cristel goes into the training school for doing a crime, but hearing her telling her story with her spending some time with her daughter makes her seem like she has changed and that once she gets out I think she would be more of a good person because now she has a family to take care of. I think hearing her telling her story about her childhood about how her mom’s boyfriend was like on drugs and how he would be throwing things on the floor, treating them bad, I think having to deal with all those problems that’s kind of how maybe she got the way she was when doing the crime, bad influence. Having her been in there for three years and finally getting out and getting a chance to be with her daughter she seems really happy. Listening to her talk you can tell she has grown up and that the past is the past. Hearing her story is very inspiring, seeing her forget the past and start a new life is joyful because you can see how much she changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment