“I always have a notecard in my pocket that tells me what the date is.”
http://storycorps.org/listen/stories/gweneviere-mann-and-yasir-salem/
Listening to this story this lady seems like this things about her forgetting things, is going to follow her for the rest of her life. Wondering if it would stick with her if until she gets older and that she might forget everything from the past. I like how this lady has some positive things about having this, not thinking that forgetting things is going to make her life bad. I like how she could do things that are important to her like running the marathon even though she knows that she forgets things. And by doing this marathon she forgets about forgetting about forgetting the past. In the beginning she shows how she keeps a notecard and write important things like the time when she has to write what time she ate. When I read the title I thought it would be a interesting story to hear because there is times where sometimes I forget things, so thats why I thought it would be cool to listen.
The way I hear her speak she does not seem that sad about it. Excepted for the time when she was talking about her surgery, I could hear her voice going down.
“You don't have to be dirty to be poor.”
http://storycorps.org/listen/stories/mary-van-beke-and-her-son-charles/
This story was really touching. Hearing how her dad died and how she had to help her mom get money, working at a young age just to get by. Not able to get any new things. The saddest part about this story was how the girl had to stay with some people for like two years and when her mom tried to come and see her, but the owner said that to her to never let the help come to the door. And all the girl wanted to do is have her mother visit her.
I liked this story because it kind of has a lesson to it. To me it's like saying that you don't have to ask for everything or want everything that anything that you get you should appreciate it. Like what she said about not having new shoes and that it didn't matter to her that she was almost to poor to buy some. I would now like to appreciate what I get instead of complaining about how I don't like it because there might be other people like her that would appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment